Monday, March 7, 2016

Allergies

I hate allergies, but sadly, I have a total of 64 allergies. Because of this I get allergy shots. They are incredibly painful and I can not stand them, I used to have to get them 2 a week, but now I I get them about once a month. Getting shots less often is nice, but it only means you react to the serum more, so your arm swells up more. Lovely. I'm not aloud to to do anything athletic within 24 hours of getting the shot, meaning I can't swim the day I get a shot. I am also required to stay at the clinic for 20 minutes after I get the shot, because if the swelling gets bigger than the size of my palm, I've got a problem. Even though I can not stand allergy shots and would rather do anything else except go to get an allergy shot. They do help me control allergies and keep me out of the hospital so... I can play both sided of the argument pretty well I guess. 

2 comments:

  1. That must be hard for you but I am glad you are not in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember hearing about this a little bit last year, but I never realized the extremity of it. I like how you start with a fact that leads into the rest of the blog.

    ReplyDelete