Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Handmade

I love handmade everything. I also enjoy hand making things. I much prefer to hand make someone a card than get them a store bought card. One of my favorite stores is called 10,000 Villages. 10,000 Villages is a store that sells fair-trade handmade cards, trinkets, ,jewelry and decor from many different countries. I love to look around the store at the chess sets and everything else just to see the pure beauty of everything handmade. I feel like handmade things are disappearing. Nobody seems to mail letters anymore or make someone something; everything is store bought or factory made. I find that handmade things are much more beautiful. I like to think of the person sitting on the floor, stitching bead by bead to make a purse or painting beautiful flowers on to a handmade plate. Handmade might take a while, but it is so much more personal than something that was made by a machine. Mistakes are another thing I love about handmade things; they show that it was made by a human, and that doesn't happen much anymore.
   

3 comments:

  1. I agree that handmade thinks are much more personal and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, things like emails and other technology kind of took over. Handmade things have more sentimental value, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love handmade things, and I agree with your reasoning. I like that you switch points smoothly and the transitions are done well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete