Friday, March 11, 2016

Light

The light shows through the window and onto the pool. My feet stand still on the blocks, I hear the starter. I see my feet leave the blocks and I dive in. I feel the cold rush of water. I see through the water crystal clear, the light shows through water and warms my back. I see a rainbow on the bottom of the pool, the tiles turn all different colors; it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Each tile turns into a different color, with light reflecting off the metal bottom, making the bottom of the pool into a bright white, no longer a dark and depressing gray. When I get out of the pool, the whole world is a different color. Each individual color stands out, each one a different shade. Not one color is the same. Each one stands out. Nothing is the same.

2 comments:

  1. You do a really good job of describing the moment and what it is like to be underwater. I like that it tells a story with a lot of really detailed descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you started with a race and turned it into a beautiful and transformational private moment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete