Friday, March 18, 2016

Math

Why do we have math? Why should we have it? We're not going to use it later in life unless we become mathematicians, are we? The truth is, math is a wonderful and magical thing. It helps us learn to problem solve and gives us that feeling of accomplishment and those "ah ha!" moments. Okay sure, we might not use math all the time depending on what we decide to become or do later in life, but math will help us while shopping at the grocery store to figure out if the 10lb bag of potatoes is less expensive than the 20lb bag. By doing math, we will know how to problem solve and know when to ask for help and who to ask. Yes, math may seem like a useless tool that we will never use, but the truth is, we will use it. Whether you become an Olympian, a doctor or an artist, you will use it, I promise. 

4 comments:

  1. i love math, except for when we don't do anything in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love math, except for when we don't do anything in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post. I didn't realize this until I was in my 40s and I read a book about how much I use math in my life. I thought I was terrible at math, so I hated it. After I read What's Math Got To Do With It, I noticed that I was pretty good at math and started looking for more math in my life. This is a great post to encourage the love of math.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blah, I really don't like math tests, the homework and the smell of my math room, so my experience with math isn't the best. But, you have a good point, nice slice!

    ReplyDelete